An edited and abridged copy. An unabridged copy is available upon request.
We believe that the Holy Bible as originally written was verbally inspired and the product of Spirit-controlled men, and therefore, has truth without any admixture of error for its matter. We believe the Bible to be the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions, shall be tried. II Tim. 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-20.
We believe there is one, and only one living and true God, and infinite Spirit, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth; inexpressibly glorious in holiness, and worthy of all possible honor, confidence and love; that in unity of the Godhead there are three Persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; equal in every Divine perfection, and executing distinct, but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
John 14:16, 17; Matt. 28:19; Heb. 9:14; John 14:26; Luke 1:35.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the grave; His ascension to the right hand of God where He ever lives to make intercession for believers. Matt.1:23; John 1:1,2; Luke 1:35; John 1:14; Heb. 1:1-3; Titus 2:14; Isa. 7:14.
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature; that He convicts of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; that He bears witness to the truth of the Gospel in preaching and testimony; that He seals, endures, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies and helps the believer, indwelling every true child of God. Gen. 1:1-3; John 1:33; 3:5,6; 16:8-11; Acts 5:30-32; 11:16; Eph. 1:13,14; Mark 1:8; Luke 24:49; Romans 8:14, 16, 26, 27.
We believe that God created the heavens and the earth, including all life, “each after its own kind”, by direct act, according to the Genesis account and not by the process of evolution; and that man was created in the image and likeness of God. Gen. 1&2; Col. 1:16,17; John 1:3.
We believe that man was created in innocence under the law of his Maker, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners, not only by constraint, but of choice; and therefore, under just condemnation without defense or excuse. Gen. 3:1-6; Romans 1:18-20; Rom. 5:10-19.
We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace; through the mediatorial offices of the Son of God, Who by the appointment of the Father, freely took upon Him our nature, yet without sin, honored the Divine law by His personal obedience, and by His death made a full and vicarious atonement for our sins; that His atonement consisted not in setting us an example by His death as a martyr, but was a voluntary substitution of Himself in the sinner’s place, the Just dying for the unjust; Christ the Lord bearing our sin in His own body on the tree; that having risen from the dead, He is now enthroned in heaven and uniting in His wonderful Person the tenderest sympathies with Divine perfection; He is in every way qualified to be a suitable, compassionate and all - sufficient Savior. Eph. 2:8; Acts 15:11; Rom. 3:24,25; John 3:16; Matt. 18:11; Phil. 2:7; Heb. 2:14-16; Isa. 53:4-7; I John 4:10; I Cor. 15:3,4; II Cor. 5:21; I Peter 3:18; 2:24.
We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus; that it is instantaneous and not a process; that in the new birth the one dead in trespasses and sins is made a partaker of the Divine nature and receives eternal life, the free gift of God; that the new creation is brought about in a manner above our comprehension, solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with Divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel; that its proper evidence appears in the Holy fruits of repentance and faith and newness of life. John 3:3, 6-8; II Cor. 5:17,19; I John 5:1; Acts 16:33,36; II Peter 1:4; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:1; Col. 2:13.
We believe that justification is bestowed not in consideration of any works of righteousness which we have done, but solely through faith in the Redeemer’s blood, having His righteousness imputed to us. We believe that personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition of salvation. Acts 16:31. Acts 13:39; Isa. 53:11; Zech. 13:1; Rom. 5:1,9; 8:1.
We believe that all who are truly born again are kept eternally secure
by God the Father for Jesus Christ. Phil.1:6; John 10:27-30; Rom. 8:35-39;
- UNIVERSAL CHURCH - We believe that the true Spiritual church is a New Testament organism. It began with Pentecost, after the ascension of Christ, and will be consummated at the coming of Christ in the Rapture. Eph. 3:2-6; I Thes. 4:13-18; Matt. 16:18; Eph. 1:22,23; Acts 1:8; 2:1,2; I Cor. 12:12-28.
- LOCAL CHURCH - We believe that a local church is a congregation of immersed believers, associated by covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel observing the ordinances of Christ; that its officers are pastors and deacons whose qualifications and duties are clearly defined in the Scriptures. We believe that the true mission of the church is the faithful witnessing of Christ to all men as we have opportunity. We hold that the local church has the absolute right of self-government free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations; that the one and only Superintendent is Christ. Acts 1:8; 2:41,42; 15:4-28; 20;7,28; I Cor. 11:2; Eph.1:22,23; 4:11; 5:23,24; I Tim. 3:15; Col. 1:8; Matt. 18:15-17.
We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in
water to show a solemn and beautiful emblem of our faith in the crucified,
buried and risen Savior, with its effect in our death to sin and resurrection
to a new life; and that it is a prerequisite for church membership. We believe
that the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of His death until He comes and
should be preceded always by solemn self-examination. Acts 8:26-39; John 3:23;
Rom. 6:3-5; Matt. 28:19-20; 3:16; Col. 2:12; I Cor. 23-28; Luke 22:14-20.
- THE SECOND ADVENT OF CHRIST - We believe in the personal, imminent, pretribulational and premillennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones, and in His return to earth after the tribulation with His saints to establish the Millennial Kingdom. I Thes. 4:13-18; II Thes. 1:6-12; Rev. 20:1.
- THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST - We believe that every saved person will appear before the “Judgment Seat of Christ” to be judged by the Lord in regard to faithful service. I Cor. 3:11-15; II Cor. 5:10.
- THE ETERNAL STATE - We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men; the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to eternal, everlasting punishment. Luke 16:19-26; Matt. 25-46; John 5:28,29; Phil. 1:23; II Cor. 5:8,10; Rev. 20:1-6; 20:12-15.
- THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM - We believe that the Millennial Kingdom will be on this earth and will be ruled from the throne of David. Luke 1:32; Acts 2:29,30; Isa. 9:6,7.